Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hand, Foot, and Mouth (oh my!)

Ethan and I spent Sunday night in the ER. I thought he was having an allergic reaction because he had blisters all over his mouth, hands, arms, legs, and feet. It turns out that he has Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease. It's a virus, so we've been home-bound this week! He has been quite crabby and was up several times last night. I'm hoping that with a dose of Motrin before bed and this being the 3rd day, that he's going to sleep better tonight! (fingers crossed!)

Tomorrow the boys are joining Grandma and Grandpa Burch up in Traverse City. They're pretty excited! I think they'll have fun playing, picking cherries, and swimming with their Grandparents! John and I are looking forward to another date night...I think this may be the last one for awhile. I think I might make muscles and crab for him! I'll post pics after the boys return from their adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. Both that and pink eye have been going around like crazy! Keeping my fingers crossed we don't hop on the band wagon... Have a fun date night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about poor Ethan. I heard about pink eye around town, but not the other one.
    Good luck and speedy recovery for your little one!

    ReplyDelete