Saturday, July 17, 2010

Basement update

Almost perfect, but not quite! That's how I feel about the basement at this point in the summer. The structural part is finished and looks absolutely beautiful! I love the way the carpet and the paint works well together. It's light and is a great space! We're working on getting it just the way we want it in a decorating sense.

We've moved down the living room furniture (some of you may know as the "Florida furniture") and it looks great! (Who would have thought?) We did purchase couches for the basement, but one of them was too large to fit down the stairs, so we went with a different plan and it works! We made a little sitting area focused on the TV that Jeff and Eve loaned us, and the other part of the main room is toys, toys, toys! I plan to get the storage shelving up soon so we can actually put the toys in their place. The boys are loving the space to play and run, and I love being able to craft while they play and hear what's going on! It's great!

My craft room is coming together. We have decided that the countertop isn't really what I wanted, although I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to put there now. I'm working off a utility table right now, which is fine until I find just what I want. We haven't started working on John's "man space" but plan to do that soon. Maybe next week when my parents take the boys for a few days on their annual camper adventure. We need to fit in a date night, but maybe a work night is in order, too! :) As soon as we get everything just the way we want, I'll post some pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment