Tuesday, May 16, 2006

first few days home

The first few days home have been wonderful! We arrived home on Saturday evening. John had class, so baby John and I didn't come home until after he was done. My parents came over with a stork for our front yard. It's so cute! They took pictures of us entering our house as a new family. It was great. We then enjoyed our first sleepless night! I had to supplement with formula in a syringe until my milk came in. That was a little hard, but definitely worth it, because we wanted John Daniel to gain back the weight he lost in the hospital.

On Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day with both families. John's family came over after church and then my family came over later in the evening. It was nice to spend time with them all. They loved on John the entire time. He definitely loves being held!

Monday we had our first check-up with Dr. Hall. John has gained 4 oz back! That is great news. Also, my milk has come in, so we don't need to supplement with formula any more. That is great, too!! Much easier to feed at night when I don't have to warm up formula. Christine and her family came over on Monday night to visit for a few minutes. Little David hadn't seen John Daniel yet, so they visited for a little bit.

Today we spent time at home. I'm starting to get a little stir-crazy! I think we may go for a walk tomorrow at the mall! :) We rented a few videos and enjoyed one of them tonight as a family. We also gave JD his first bath at home. He didn't like washing his body so much, but loved when we washed his hair! What a cutie he was! He was very sleepy tonight, but crashed right after his bath. I rocked him for a few minutes and he was ready for his cradle.

I am so in love with John Daniel. I love being a mommy! All in all it has been a wonderful first few days home!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment