Sunday, April 2, 2006

A Great Weekend!

Saturday was such a great day! John and I went for the Birth Center tour at the hospital Saturday morning. I am so glad we went, even though I did get a little emotional when she was showing us around the delivery rooms. I do feel more comfortable and now I know where we will be spending the first few days with our little one when he/she comes! Will it be soon?

Saturday afternoon Christine and Eve had a shower for me with my college and work friends. It was so fun. It was very relaxing because it was at my house. I got to show everyone the nursery. (It looked great because my family helped make sure it was perfect on Friday night.) We received so many wonderful presents. I am so lucky to have such great friends. Sarah made the cake which we are still enjoying!!

After the shower John and I went over to Target to purchase our stroller and car seat because our other choice at Babies R Us has been discontinued. We chose one that is black, silver, and purple. I really like it!! It will be great for either a girl or boy and won't show much dirt! Am I thinking like a mom now, or what?! :)

On Sunday after church we went to Babies R Us and exchanged the car seat base Lucy gave us for a silver one, since we changed the color of the car seat! We also purchased our Pack N Play and the monitors with money from the shower and the gift certificate from the boys swim team. When we got home John put it all together and it is now living in my trunk just waiting for the little peanut to arrive!! I am even more excited now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment