Monday, July 7, 2008

summer days

It's been awhile since I wrote...I can't believe how quickly this summer is going. I sat and looked at my baby tonight, sleeping in my arms, and I can hardly believe that he's already six months. And his brother, the active two-year old...how time flies! I can barely remember life before I was a mommy...when I was free to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Now I am doing exactly that, but in a different way. I love my little wonders...so full of life and smiles...hugs and love. My boys are so precious...I am so lucky. And to top that off, I have a wonderful best friend whom I share all of these amazing moments with. How much luckier could I be?

Some memorable moments from the last few weeks...Ethan's baptism...JD starting to talk in toddler sentences...Ethan began eating cereal...JD is sleeping in his big boy bed...Ethan loves to smile and play with his feet...JD loves to splash and dip his head under water in the little pool in our backyard...Ethan's froggy grin makes my heart melt...JD's big boy smile while tubing at the lake...JD going into Ethan's room when he's crying and comforting him somehow...Ethan rolling all over the floor...JD kissing Ethan's head because he's crying...Ethan balancing and trying to stand up in the saucer and smiling so proudly...JD holding the bottle for his little brother...Ethan learning to hold the bottle for himself...JD's love of reading and of Baby Einstein...JD praying for mommy because he knew I wasn't feeling well...on his own.

I am so lucky, so very lucky.



No comments:

Post a Comment